STUDENTS:FIROSE HOSSAIN MD
Name of United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences:Tottori University
Assigned university:Shimane university
Specialized field:Plant molecular biology; Plant pathology; Bioinformatics
1.Expression analysis of plant intracellular ras group related leucine rich repeat proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana
2.Targeted inhibition of cell division by expressing dominant bgl23 mutant using cell/ tissue specific promoters in Arabidopsis thaliana
3.Expression analysis of leucine rich receptor like kinases (LRR-RLKs) under different abiotic stresses in Arabidopsis thaliana
Obtained (planned) degree/date:Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D (Agriculture) Expected to obtain Ph.D in September, 2022
The plant is very special to mankind. It provides everything from food to medicine. Therefore, research focusing on plants is always fascinating around the world. I’m interested in broadening my knowledge to better understand the function of some key genes in plants, especially leucine-rich repeat genes. Based on my major in biotechnology and plant biology, I have been working to reveal tissue-specific expression analysis of leucine-rich repeat proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana under normal and abiotic conditions. I have also identified a potential dominant mutation in A. thaliana that generates an abnormal guard cell phenotype. Using this mutant, I am trying to alter the structure of major organs other than guard cells in A. thaliana. Besides this, I have a keen interest in plant-microbe interactions, especially the development of natural control systems to manage some bacterial and fungal diseases of plants. As a young scientist, I want to devote myself to scientific research for the welfare of mankind.
Qualification: Skilled in Molecular cloning, Bioinformatics, Plasmid isolation, DNA and RNA isolation, RT and qRT-PCR, Confocal microscopy, Agrobacterium mediated genetic transformation.
Main Published paper:
- Hossain MF, Billah M, Parvez MS, Zaoti ZF, Hasan SMZ, Hasan MF. Dutta AK, Khalekuzzaman M, Islam MA & Sikadar B. Molecular identification and biological control of Ralstonia solanacearum from wilt of papaya by natural compounds and Bacillus subtilis: An integrated experimental and computational study. Saudi journal of biological sciences. December 2021; 28(12): 6972-6986.
- Ali MR, Hasan MA, Rahman MS, Billah M, Karmakar S, Shimu AS, Hossain MF, Maruf MMH, Rahman MS, Saju MSR, Hasan MRH, Acharjee UK & Hasan MF. Clinical manifestations and socio-demographic status of COVID-19 patients during the second-wave of pandemic: A Bangladeshi experience. Journal of infections and public health. October 2021; 14(10): 1367-1374.
- Chowdhury MR, Ahamed MS, Mas-ud MA, Islam H, Fatamatuzzohora M, Hossain MF, Billah M, Hossain MF & Matin MN. Stomatal development and genetic expression in Arabidopsis thaliana L. Heliyon. August 2021; 7(8).
- Khatun D, Hossain MY, Hossain MF, Mawa Z, Rahman MA, Hasan MR, Islam MA, Rahman MA, Hassan HU & Sikha SN. Population parameters of a freshwater clupeid, Corica soborna (Hamilton, 1822) from the ganges river, northwestern Bangladesh. Pakistan journal of zoology. June 2021.
- Chowdhury MR, Masud-ud MA, Ali MR, Fatamatuzzohora M, Shimu AS, Haq MA, Islam MA, Hossain MF, Hosenuzzaman M, Islam MM, Hasan MF & Matin MN. Harmful effects of covid-19 on major human body organs: A review. Journal of pure and applied microbiology. May 2021; 15(2)500-511.
- Hasan SZ, Hossain MF, Zaoti ZF, Faruk M, Islam MA, Khalekuzzaman M, Sikdar B. PCR amplification of DNA sequence related to the hrpD gene of Xanthomonas cucurbitae in leaf spot disease of pumpkin and their antagonism by soil bacteria. Archives of phytopathology and plant protection. April 2018; 51:(5-6), 252-266.
- Habiba, Hossain MF, Uddin JBF, Lisa AK, Islam MA and Sikdar B. Identification and molecular characterization of Candidatus liberibacter asiaticus (Citrus huanglongbing disease pathogenic Agent) and its control by plant extracts in Bangladesh. European journal of medicinal plant. April 2018; 23(2): 1-13.
- Hasan SZ, Hossain MF, Zaoti ZF, Jahan MS Faruk M, Islam MA, Sikdar B. Identification and characterization of causal agent of cercospora leaf spot disease of okra. March 2018; 10(3): 1015-1019.
- Zaoti ZF, Hasan SZ, Hossain MF, Faruk M, Islam MA, Khalekuzzaman M, Sikdar B. Biochemical and molecular characterization of bacterial wilt disease of banana and evaluation of their antibiotic sensitivity. Microbiology research journal international. February 2018; 22(6): 1-10.
- Hossain MF, Hasan SZ, Zaoti ZF, Habiba , Hasan MF, Islam MA, Sikdar B. Biological control of bacterial leaf spot disease of papaya (Carica papaya) through antagonistic approaches using medicinal plants extracts and soil bacteria. International journal of pure and applied bioscience. January 2018; 6(1): 1-11.
- Sarkar D, Hossain MF, Hasan SZ, Zaoti ZF, Ali MR, Faruk M, Islam MA, Sikdar B. PCR amplification and sequencing of Xanthomonas axonopodis Pv Citri in citrus canker and its antagonistic control measures. Journal of international academic research for multidisciplinary. January 2018; 5(12):1-16
- Hossain MF, Hasan SZ, Zaoti ZF, Faruk M, Hasan UK, Islam MA, Khalekuzzaman M, Sikdar B. Isolation and characterization of Pseudomonas syringae pv. lachrymans from angular leaf spot disease of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) and evaluation of its antibiotic sensitivity. Journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry. October 2017; 6(6):233-238.
- Ali MR, Hasan MF, Lia RS, Akter A, Sumi MS, Hossain MF, Hasan SZ, Islam MD, Khalekuzzaman M, Sikdar B. Isolation and characterization of a canker disease causing pathogen from Citrus aurantifolia and evaluation of its biological control measure. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies. October 2017; 5(6): 1526-1532.
- Afrin D, Hossain MF, Hasan SM, Khalekuzzaman M, Sikdar B. Characterization of citrus bacterial spot bacteria through biochemical approaches and its control measures. Journal of sylhet agricultural university. December 2016; 3(2):315-323