ALUMNI STORIES:Gao Qi
Name of United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences:Tottori University
Assigned university:Tottori university
Specialized field:Bioresource and Life Sciences
Research theme:Isolation and evaluation of salt tolerant strains induced by ethyl methanesulfonate in ectomycorrhizal fungus Rhizopogon roseolus
Obtained (planned) degree/date:Doctor of Philosophy Ph.D (Agriculture), Date: Obtained in March 2017
The first time that I went to Tottori university was as an exchange undergraduate student in 2010. Until 2017, I continuous my study abroad life in here to get my master and Ph.D. degrees. The experience of studying in Tottori started my research road. In university days, I mainly studied about mutant breeding and life cycles of ectomycorrhizal fungus Rhizopogon roseolus. Professors in Tottori university, especially prof. Shimomula, had taught a lot of knowledges about mushroom and breeding which I have benefited to these days. After I graduated, I work in Institute of Plant Protection, Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, China. Now I focus on the research about transcriptome and genome analyses, haplotype nuclei specific function, life cycle, construction of breeding evaluation and screening system of mushroom. I sincerely invite all related person of United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences to Beijing for academic exchanges.
Institute homepage: http://www.ipepbaafs.cn/english.html
Main published papers
- Roy Rebecca#, Qi Gao#, Yujin Cui, Chengbo Rong, Yu Liu, Wensheng Zhao, Wasantha Kumara*, Shouxian Wang*; Nuclear conditions of basidiospores and hyphal cells in the edible mushroom Oudemansiella aparlosarca, MicrobiologyOpen, 2021, 10(5): e1233
- Dong Yan, Qi Gao*, Chengbo Rong, Yu Liu, Shuang Song, Qiuyu Yu, Kaixin Zhou, Yanling Liao; Comparative transcriptome analysis of abnormal cap and healthy fruiting bodies of the edible mushroom Lentinula edodes, Fungal Genetics and Biology, 2021, 156: 103614.
- Dong Yan; Yu Liu; Chengbo Rong; Shuang Song; Shuang Zhao; Luming Qin; Shouxian Wang; Qi Gao*; Characterization of brown film formed by Lentinula edodes, Fungal Biology, 2020, 124(4): 135-143.
- Qi Gao; Dong Yan; Dan Wang; Shanshan Gao; Shuang Zhao; Shouxian Wang*; Yu Liu*; Variations in Nuclear Number and Size in Vegetative Hyphae of the Edible Mushroom Lentinula edodes, Frontiers in Microbiology, 2019, 10.
- Qi Gao; Shota Nakano; Tadanori Aimi; Norihiro Shimomura*; Comparison of salt tolerance of ectomycorrhizal mushroom Rhizopogon roseolus in soil and on agar, Mushroom Science and Biotechnology, 2017, 25(2): 17-22.
- Qi Gao; Shota Nakano; Tadanori Aimi; Norihiro Shimomura*; Isolation of halophilic strains induced by ethyl methanesulfonate in Rhizopogon roseolus, Mushroom Science and Biotechnology, 2017, 24(4): 182-186.
# Co-first author
* Corresponding author